These elegant low-carb orange cardamom tea cakes are so moist and delicious, no one will guess they are not only low-carb, but also gluten-free, dairy-free and Paleo.
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! You do not pay any more. Thank you for your support!
These addictive little cakes are scented with the sweetly aromatic spice cardamom. This ancient pungent spice combines with the orange zest for an exotic flavor that will make everyone come back for more.
I bake these cakes in a mini-bundt cake pan with space for 12 cakes. However, a cupcake pan would work equally well. They are shown with our Orange Scented Low-Carb Glaze. While the cakes are great by themselves, this glaze adds to their richness and makes them incredibly decadent.
- Coconut oil spray to coat mini-bundt pan or cupcake pan
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup granulated stevia erythritol mix, or date sugar or maple sugar for Paleo
- zest from 2 oranges.
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond or coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray mini-bundt pan or muffin pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, sea salt, baking soda, cardamom and sweetener.
- Use a whisk to mix thoroughly.
- Whisk in orange zest.
- Add coconut oil to dry ingredients and stir until absorbed.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and milk.
- Stir batter until smooth
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cakes are done when the top springs back when touched.
- Place pans on a cooling rack and allow to cool 5 minutes before removing cakes from the pan.
- Let cakes cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Calories 153
- Fat: 13.3 grams
- Carbs: 4.4 grams
- Fiber: 2.1 grams
- Protein: 5.6 grams
- Net Carbs: 2.3 grams