A delicious glaze perfect for donuts, cupcakes, pound cakes, and other sweet stuff. It is low-carb, dairy-free and sugar-free.
Of all of the recipes on this site, a glaze for sweet stuff has been the most challenging to create. I’ve had failure after failure, but this time, I got it right! It’s the perfect creamy consistency and is sweet, without being cloying. The flavors of orange, coconut and vanilla combine wonderfully. Try it on Low-Carb Orange Cardamom Tea Cakes, Grain-Free Chocolate Donuts or another favorite treat and let me know what you think!
- 1 cup coconut cream (white creamy portion only)
- 1 Tablespoon stevia/erythritol mix or date or maple sugar for Paleo diets
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- zest from one orange
- Put all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat on medium heat to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- When mixture reaches a simmer, turn heat to low.
- Stir constantly for five to seven minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Mixture will thicken as it cools.
- Pour over your favorite treat and enjoy!