These Low-Carb, Keto-Friendly Casseroles will satisfy any appetite. This post contains a variety of casseroles. There are recipes for chicken, beef, seafood, and pork/ham. Some are even vegetarian casseroles. These recipes are low-carb, keto, diabetic friendly. Most are also gluten-free and grain-free
The recipe round-up for low-carb, keto-friendly Casseroles
As the temperature drops, a good casserole just hits the spot for dinner. Casseroles are creamy, flavorful and perfect for a crowd.
I wanted to bring together an amazing selection of recipes for all of you. In order to do this, I put together recipes for casseroles with variety of flavors and proteins. There are even a few that are vegetarian.
The problem is deciding which one to make first!
What is a casserole?
Casseroles are recipes that are baked slowly in the oven, often uncovered. Frequently, they have a starchy base such as potatoes, pasta, or rice. Vegetables and sometimes a protein such as fish, chicken, beef or beans are usually included. A sauce is used to tie it all together.
Sometimes, a crunchy or cheesy topping adds some tantalizing goodness on the top.
Can you eat casseroles on a low-carb or keto diet?
Traditional casseroles are laden with a high carbohydrate base such as potatoes, pasta, or rice. Instead of these high carb options, the recipes in this post use lower carb alternatives. For example cauliflower, celeriac, and zucchini squash make up the base of many of these casseroles.
Carbs can also hide out in toppings like bread crumbs. Instead of using high carb toppings, these recipes in this post use low-carb choices such as cheese, or even pork rinds to add textural variety.
Another hiding place for carbs is in the sauce. High carb starches thicken the sauce in many casserole recipe. Instead of using high carb thickeners, these keto-friendly casseroles use low-carb alternatives. They contain sauces that are thickened with low-carb options such as glucomannan, cream cheese or xanthan gum, rather than starchy thickeners.
So, while traditional casseroles may be off limits, these low-carb casseroles can make wonderful main dishes and side dishes for those who live a keto life style.
Low-Carb Casseroles with Beef
- Low-Carb Creamy Cottage Pie (from Simply So Healthy): Our Low-Carb Creamy Creamy Cottage tastes so good your guests will never guess it’s low-carb!
- Keto-Friendly Italian Ground Beef Casserole Recipe (from Simply So Healthy): This Italian Ground Beef Casserole Recipe boasts Italian herbs such as basil and garlic. Even the kids will enjoy this one!
- Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole (from Real Balanced): This nut-free, gluten-free, keto Philly cheesesteak casserole is ready in just under an hour! It is low in carbs and absolutely delicious!
- Low-Carb Mexican Taco Casserole (from Simply So Healthy): This taco casserole is loaded with taco goodness and melted cheese. The whole family is going to love it!
- Cheesy Cabbage Beef Keto Casserole (from Low Carb, No Carb): This Cheesy Cabbage Beef Keto Casserole made in a Cast Iron is the easiest as well as so delicious One-pan Keto Recipe for your whole family to enjoy. We’ve filled this easy Keto Comfort Food filled with only the best one can offer.
- Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole (from Simply So Healthy): Missing cheeseburgers? This bacon cheeseburger casserole has all the goodness of a cheeseburger, but in a low-carb package.
- Keto Zucchini Lasagna(from Ketogasm): This keto lasagna recipe is so good, you won’t even miss the noodles! Only five net carbs per serving!
- Meatball Parmesan Casserole (from Joy Filled Eats): If you are looking for a new family dinner this Meatball Parm Casserole should be it. Juicy, flavorful meatballs baked until golden and then covered with tomato sauce and cheese.
- Tex Mex Beef Casserole (from Keto Cooking Wins): Loaded with big, zesty flavors inspired by the Southwest, the whole family will love this Tex Mex Beef Casserole. Perfect for meal prepping, it’s a dinner winner!
Low-Carb Casseroles with Chicken
- Low-Carb Leftover Turkey/Chicken Casserole (from Simply So Healthy): This delicious casserole gives new life to leftover turkey or chicken.
- Chicken Vegetable Casserole (from Low Carb Yum): Creamy and cheesy! This low carb and gluten-free Chicken Vegetable Casserole will surely please.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole. (from Wholesome Yum): Chicken bacon ranch casserole requires just a few common ingredients! The whole family will love it.
- Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole (from My Montana Kitchen): An easy cheesy casserole that comes together quickly and tastes just like the chicken and broccoli casserole you remember from your childhood!
- Easy Mexican Chicken Bake ( from Beauty and the Foodie): This easy Mexican Chicken Bake low carb is a gluten free, grain free, chicken dish that is simple to prepare. Mexican comfort food made low carb.
- Keto Chicken Curry Casserole (from Sugar-Free Londoner):There’s nothing like a curry to feed a crowd! This Keto chicken curry casserole is packed with flavour.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole ( from Low Carb Yum): It doesn’t get much easier than this chicken cordon bleu casserole. Frozen precooked chicken along with deli cheese and ham makes meal prep a cinch. (chicken and ham)
- Buffalo spaghetti squash casserole (from Wholesome Yum): You need just 6 simple ingredients for keto buffalo chicken spaghetti squash casserole. Make this cheesy spaghetti squash casserole recipe for a healthy, comforting meal tonight!
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole (from Keto Cooking Christian): All the flavors of jalapeño poppers made into a tasty and easy to make Keto casserole! This is one very flavorful and satisfying Low Carb casserole that will quickly become a favorite!
- Loaded KETO Chicken Cauliflower Rice Casserole (from Appetite for Energy): This easy keto cauliflower casserole recipe is exactly what I cook when I need a “night off” cooking. I use rotisserie chicken and cauliflower rice from the freezer. Serious yum in only half an hour.
Pork/Sausage/Ham Keto Casseroles
- Low-Carb Breakfast Casserole (from Step Away From The Carbs): If you’ve got lots of mouths to feed for brunch, try this breakfast casserole!
- Mexican Breakfast Casserole (from Sugar Free Londoner): This dairy free casserole requires only 15 minutes prep and uses chorizo.
- Keto Cheesy Broccoli Ham Casserole (from My Productive Backyard): Keto Cheesy Broccoli Ham Casserole: It is quick and easy to put this family pleasing casserole together!
- Pizza Squash Noodle Lasagna Bake (from Beauty and the Foodie): Pizza Squash Noodle Lasagna Bake is a keto, low carb, casserole that combines three favorite Italian comfort foods (pizza, lasagna and spaghetti) into on one tasty lasagna
- Low-Carb Baked Seafood Casserole (from Simply So Healthy): This Seafood Casserole transforms seafood into creamy comfort food.
- Tuna Broccoli Ranch Casserole (from Savory Tooth): This casserole boasts a creamy, cheesy texture and mild tuna goodness.
- Keto Spinach Artichoke Casserole (from Simply So Healthy): This recipe is will even have the kids eating their veggies! It’s heavy enough to be a main course.
- Low-Carb Green Bean and Mushroom Casserole (from Simply So Healthy): This casserole is loaded with green beans and mushrooms in a cheesy garlic and onion scented sauce. Additional cheese on the top adds even more parmesan goodness!
- Easy Low-Carb Broccoli Cheese Casserole (from Simply So Healthy): This easy Low-Carb Broccoli Cheese Casserole is made from real food–no canned soup in this one! This casserole makes an excellent vegetarian main dish or side dish.
- Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole (Keto Recipe) (from Joy Filled Eats): This casserole is sure to satisfy even the worst craving for potatoes. Be sure to use vegetable bouillon if you prefer to keep this dish vegetarian.