Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! You do not pay any more. Thank you for your support!
Oyster crackers have always been a personal favorite for me. They made the perfect side for any meal and were an absolutely addictive snack on their own. But of course, the oyster crackers that you can buy in the store aren’t gluten free or low carb.
After I switched to a healthy lifestyle, I started searching for a low carb recipes for oyster crackers. I was pretty surprised to find practically nothing. But this inspired me to try making my own low carb version of them.
As many of you might know, creating low carb recipes normally can be quite a bit tougher than the average recipe, normally demanding redoing the recipe over and over until the texture and flavor finally works.
Fortunately, the recipe came together with unexpected ease and turned out to be quite simple to make. These crackers have a delicious and delicate texture with a subtle buttery flavor.
Of course sometimes you may not have time to make your own snacks. This article covers some great keto snacks you can buy.
Homemade Grain-Free Oyster Crackers
Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small to medium bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, salt, and sweetener and whisk until combined.
- Next, using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut the butter into the batter.
- Once the batter resembles coarse crumbs and begins to stick together, slowly add in the cold water. Only add enough water for the mixture to become a firm dough. If you accidentally add to much water, this is easily fixable by adding a bit more almond flour to help re-thicken the mixture.
On a parchment lined surface, Pat dough into a disk and cover with a second sheet of parchment. Roll out the dough out until it is a little less than 1/4 of an inch.
To cut out the crackers, you can use a mini cookie cutter, bottle cap or just cut them into squares instead.
If desired, add holes using a toothpick and garnish with flaked or coarse salt.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. When done, the crackers should be firm and golden in color.
- To add a little extra crispiness, you can turn off the oven a few minutes early and leave they've them in the warm oven for 3-10 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on them so that they don't burn.