This Paleo Mediterranean chicken salad is gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free and less than 6 carbs per serving. This fast, easy chicken salad makes a great meal at home or if you choose, pack it in a lunchbox for a meal on the go! It’s also a great way to use up any left-over chicken from my roast chicken recipe or my stock recipe.
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! You do not pay any more. Thank you for your support!
I love the combination of tomatoes and basil. Intensify the tomato by using sun-dried tomatoes, add in some olives and green onions and yum! It’s like a trip to Italy in your mouth!
I made the final test version of this recipe last night, but I only had one and a half cups of chicken, so I had to cut the recipe in half. Big mistake! I could have devoured it all myself! So, make sure you make enough or your family may be fighting over it at the dinner table.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives whole
- 1/4 cup expeller pressed virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 4 green onions sliced thinly
- Salt and pepper to taste
- basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- Place chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and olives in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, mayonnaise and vinegar.
- Add garlic, basil and salt and pepper to taste and whisk until well-combined
- Pour dressing over the chicken mixture.
- Add basil and green onions and toss lightly.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Garnish with fresh basil if desired.