This refreshing Low-Carb Lemon Blueberry Cream Cake is the perfect dessert to cool off on a hot summer day. Not only are blueberries delicious, but they also have many nutritional benefits! This recipe is a great opportunity to take advantage of the abundance of high quality blueberries available this time of year. The blueberries combined with the sweet and tangy lemon flavor will make you and your family come back for slice after slice!
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! You do not pay any more. Thank you for your support!
The optional blueberry sauce included in this recipe can be used to pour over top the cake or add between the layers of cakes as I chose to do. For the frosting of the cake, I used 3 thin layers of frosting in between the two pieces of cake. Each layer I switched off from lemon to blueberry frosting. Don’t be afraid to play around with different patterns with your frosting! It’s your masterpiece!
Low-Carb Lemon Blueberry Cream Cake
Blueberry Sauce Ingredients (Optional)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- ¼ cup granulated stevia erythritol blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Spray two 9x9 circular pans with oil of choice.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, sweetener, baking soda and salt.
- Add coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla to dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Gradually add the milk into the cake batter, stirring between each addition.
- Finally, add the lemon extract and zest and stir until evenly incorporated into the mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the two prepared pans, spreading out the batter out to create even layers.
- Place pan in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until slightly golden and toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool until room temperature before frosting.
Blueberry Sauce Directions (optional)
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine blueberries, arrowroot powder, and sweetener, while stirring frequently.
- When the sauce begins to thicken (about 2-4 minutes), remove mixture from heat.
- Cool the blueberry sauce to room temperature before adding to the cake.
Lemon Frosting Directions
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla, and sweetener with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add lemon extract and zest and beat until evenly incorporated.
Blueberry Frosting Directions
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, vanilla, and sweetener until smooth.
- Add the frozen blueberries and/or blueberries sauce and beat until thoroughly combined.
Cake can be stored in either freezer or fridge. If stored in freezer, allow 5 minutes to defrost before serving.