This fast and easy egg salad is an upscale version of a classic recipe. The recipe is gluten-free, dairy free, Paleo and low-carb. This egg salad makes a great lunch and is perfect for picnics.
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! You do not pay any more. Thank you for your support!
Smoked salmon is like bacon to me–it makes everything better. I used to eat it shamelessly on high carb, gluten-laden bagels. Not any more! I’ve realized I like smoked salmon even better with eggs!
Egg salad makes the perfect back drop for smoked salmon. The capers, dill and green onions add even more flavor and elegance. The result is a creamy, smoky concoction sure to convert even the most difficult bagel and salmon lovers.
Easy Smoked Salmon Egg Salad
- 6 large pasture raised eggs
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 ½ ounces smoked wild salmon sliced thinly (look for one without sugar)
- 5 green onions sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- Additional dill green onions, or capers to garnish, optional
To hard-boil eggs
- Place eggs in one layer in a saucepan with a tightly fitting lid.
- Cover eggs with water one inch over the eggs.
- Over high heat, with saucepan uncovered, bring water and eggs to a boil.
- Remove from heat and cover saucepan.
- Wait 12 minutes. (While waiting, you can prepare the dressing-see below)
- Cool eggs by placing the pan in the sink and running cold tap water over them until they are cool to touch.
- Peel eggs and chop into ½ inch chunks.
- Place mayonnaise and vinegar in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add salmon, green onions, dill, and capers. Stir to combine.
For the salad
- Fold chopped eggs into the dressing.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with dill, green onions, or capers as desired.
Serving size: 1/3 of the recipe
Fat (g): 19
Carbs (g): 2
Fiber (g): 1
Protein (g): 20
Net carbs (g): 1
Your “jump to recipe” doesn’t work on any of your recipes.
It works for me. What browser are you using?