Whether you’re looking for a healthy breakfast pastry or a sweet, but guilt-free, treat to enjoy in the afternoon with tea, these almond cherry scones fit the bill. The almond flavor enhances the cherry flavor of these moist, lightly sweetened scones resulting in a flaky, decadent scone with a bit of almond crunch.
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! You do not pay any more. Thank you for your support!
It’s cherry season! Cherries are piled high in every market I go to. Gorgeous, deep red cherries that make me dream of cherry pie. Unfortunately, at 19 grams of carbs per cup, I have to eat them judiciously.
In this recipe, I focused on getting lots of cherry taste without a lot of carbs. I only use a half cup of cherries, then augment the flavor with almonds. This creates a tasty scone, bursting with cherry essence, but still low in carbs.
Cherry Almond Scones
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup granulated stevia erythritol blend
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 large organic pasture raised eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon organic almond extract
- 1/3 cup organic sweet cherries chopped into small pieces
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the almond flour, granulated sweetener, sea salt and baking soda.
- Mix in coconut oil using a whisk or a pastry blender until well blended.
- Add eggs and almond extract and mix in using a spoon.
- Stir in cherry pieces and 1/3 cup almonds.
Using a spoon, drop the batter in about golf ball sized amounts, 2 inches apart. Recipe will make about 18 scones. Put 9 on each cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle remaining sliced almonds on top.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown or a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Serving size: 1 scone
Servings per recipe: 18
Fat (g): 16
Carbs (g): 6
Fiber (g): 3
Protein (g): 6
Net carbs (g): 3