This recipe for Low-Carb Candied Pecans brings pecans to a new level. They are a flash to make and taste so good, it’s hard to believe they work in low-carb, ketogenic, Atkins, diabetic and Banting diets.
These Low-Carb Candied Pecans combine the flavors of warming spices with sweet and nutty goodness. They have a light sweet, but not too sweet, coating that is bursting with cinnamon, ginger and exotic tones of cardamom. The nuts are lightly pan roasted in a bit of butter to bring out the pecan flavor. The end result is a candied nut you will want to make, and eat, over and over.
These nuts are amazingly versatile. In fact, this recipe has solved all of your holiday problems! These candied pecans provide a bit of crunch in a salad, make a perfect hors d’oeuvre for a holiday party or are perfect to give as gifts to your low-carb friends. Need a special dessert? No worries! Serve these over ice cream for a lovely after dinner treat!
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons stevia erythritol blend, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- In a small bowl mix 1 1/2 teaspoons erythritol (reserving 2 Tablespoons for later), cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and salt. Set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium low heat. Add butter, pecans, and two tablespoons erythritol/stevia sweetener. Turn heat to low setting. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sweetener melts, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add spice mixture to the skillet and stir to coat pecans. Spread mixture to parchment paper and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Store in an airtight container.
- Calories: 198
- Fat (g): 20.5
- Carbs (g): 4.1
- Fiber (g): 2.8
- Protein (g): 2.5
- Net Carbs (g): 1.3