This gluten-free crustless crab quiche makes a fast, easy, and delicious low-carb breakfast, brunch or even dinner.
I created this recipe a few weeks ago when we were having some people over for brunch and one of them was a pescetarian. I wanted to have a savory dish in addition to the pastries we were making and wanted something everyone could eat. I chose a crab base because it brings an elegant touch to any meal. The other ingredients combined to put the crab in the spotlight it deserved. In the end, this quiche was a hit with everyone at the table.
Since then, this recipe quickly became a favorite of the whole family. It takes only a few minutes to get it in the oven and it comes out of the oven looking absolutely delectable!
- 5 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 cup cream from grass-fed cows
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided.
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. Old Bay Seafood Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 lb. crab meat, shells removed
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a deep dish pie pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, 1/2 cup of the grated cheese (reserving 1/4 cup of the cheese for the topping.
- Stir in scallions, Old Bay Seafood Seasoning, pepper and salt.
- Add crab meat and stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie pan.
- Sprinkle reserved 1/4 cup grated parmesan on top of the mixture.
- Place pan on cookie sheet.
- Put in oven at 350F.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Quiche is done when the center is set and the top is a golden brown.