These Paleo Roasted Root Vegetables complement almost any meal. Roasting root vegetables enhances the flavor and adds a bit of crispness to the outside. Delicious!
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! You do not pay any more. Thank you for your support!
For me, the beets are the star jewels of this dish. The ruby color adds beauty to the table and the sweetness contrasts beautifully with the savory flavors of the rosemary, onions and pepper. The red may be beautiful, but it is also healthy. The color is made from beneficial flavinoids.
The carrots and sweet potatoes add to the nutritional content of this dish. They provide loads of beta-caratene as well as other vitamins and minerals.
I love serving these vegetables with a good roast, but I find they are hardy enough to serve them alone, or with a green salad, for lunch. What vegetables do you enjoy roasted?
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 3 beets, peeled and each cut into six pieces
- 5 green onions, excess green part removed (keep 3-4 inches above the white portion)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted, or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Divide prepared vegetables between two large roasting pans (see note).
- In a small bowl, mix coconut oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Pour oil mixture over the vegetables, dividing evenly between the roasting pans.
- Stir to coat the vegetables completely with the oil mixture.
- Place in the oven and roast for about 30 minutes.
- Stir vegetables and roast for 10-15 minutes longer.
- Vegetables are done when they are fork-tender and have some crispy brown edges.
- The beets will bleed their red color on the other vegetables when they are mixed together. If you find this undesirable, keep the beets on one area of the roasting pan when mixing in the oil and roasting, then combine them with the other vegetables after they are roasted.