These Low-Carb Lemon Donuts with Cheesecake Frosting are the ultimate breakfast treat. These goodies are made with almond flour and coconut oil so they are packed with nutrition. The cheesecake frosting complements the moist, light donuts. The donuts melt in your mouth and their lemony goodness will send you straight to citrus heaven.
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! You do not pay any more. Thank you for your support!
My donut pans have been getting a work-out recently! We regularly make our recipe for chocolate donuts. They have become a mainstay for road trip snacks as well as a quick and easy breakfast. While we love the chocolate donuts, we decided we needed a bit of a change-a donut with some citrus sass. Hence the birth of the lemon donut recipe.
We named the frosting “cheesecake frosting” because the combination of lemon and cream cheese whipped together seems a little like frosting, but also a little like a light, fluffy cheesecake. Yum!
Low-Carb Lemon Donuts with Cheesecake Frosting
For the donuts
- Coconut oil spray to coat donut pans
- 2 ⅓ cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated stevia/erythritol blend
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 3 large pasture raised eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
For the frosting
- 3 oz cream cheese from grass-fed cows room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoon to 2 teaspoons stevia erythritol granulated sweetener
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- about 1/2 cup heavy cream from grass fed cows
For the donuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray two donut pans (each with room for six donuts) with oil.
- Sift almond flour, sea salt, baking soda and sweetener into a medium bowl.
- Use a whisk to mix thoroughly.
- Add coconut oil to dry ingredients and stir until absorbed.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and milk.
- Stir batter until smooth
- Spoon into prepared donut pans.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Donuts are done when the top springs back when touched.
- Place pans on a cooling rack and allow to cool before frosting.
- Lavishly frost with cheesecake frosting.
- Using a mixer, beat together cream and granulated sweetener until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and lemon juice and beat to combine.
- Add cream a tablespoon at a time and beat with a mixer between additions.
- Continue to add cream in this manner until the the frosting reaches the desired consistency.
Serving size: 1 donut
Fat (g): 19
Carbs (g): 5
Fiber (g): 2
Protein (g): 6
Net carbs (g): 3