These Low-Carb Chocolate Rosemary Cupcakes with Lemon Frosting are a quick and easy way to create a gourmet, healthy dessert.
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! You do not pay any more. Thank you for your support!
I absolutely love playing around with bizarre flavor combinations that not only work together, but create a decadent flavor that thrives in any form. Eating a low-carb diet doesn’t mean that you can’t be creative with your food! We don’t just want to create low-carb versions of familiar foods, but also introduce you to crave-worthy recipes that you may not have even heard of before. My goal is always to make low-carb eating an amazing experience. Another recipe on this blog that uses a unique combination of flavors is the Peppered Strawberry Cheesecake– if you like this recipe, I would definitely recommend trying out that cheesecake as well!
While this recipe is geared for making cupcakes, you can easily use this batter to make whatever your heart may desire- baked donuts, bunt cakes, or even a cake. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
I hope you enjoy these scrumptious little cupcakes!
- 20 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Granulated Stevia Erythritol Mix
- Zest from 2 lemons
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cupcake tin with cupcake wrappers or spray with an oil of your choice.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, cocoa powder, sea salt, baking soda, sweetener, and rosemary and whisk until smooth.
- Next, add melted coconut oil and stir until mixture reaches the consistency of coarse crumbs.
- Then stir in the vanilla extract and slowly add the eggs, stirring between each addition.
- Finally, add in the almond milk and stir until combined.
- Evenly pour the batter into each cupcake tin filling until about 1/4th of an inch below the rim.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when tested. Let cupcakes cool before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and beat until smooth.
- Using a pastry bag, pipe equal amounts of frosting onto each cupcake.