This fast and easy egg salad is an upscale version of a classic recipe. The recipe is gluten-free, dairy free, Paleo and low-carb. This egg salad makes a great lunch and is perfect for picnics.
Smoked salmon is like bacon to me–it makes everything better. I used to eat it shamelessly on high carb, gluten-laden bagels. Not any more! I’ve realized I like smoked salmon even better with eggs!
Egg salad makes the perfect back drop for smoked salmon. The capers, dill and green onions add even more flavor and elegance. The result is a creamy, smoky concoction sure to convert even the most difficult bagel and salmon lovers.
- 6 large pasture raised eggs
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 ½ ounces smoked wild salmon sliced thinly
- 5 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- Additional dill, green onions, or capers to garnish, optional
- Place eggs in one layer in a saucepan with a tightly fitting lid.
- Cover eggs with water one inch over the eggs.
- Over high heat, with saucepan uncovered, bring water and eggs to a boil.
- Remove from heat and cover saucepan.
- Wait 12 minutes. (While waiting, you can prepare the dressing-see below)
- Cool eggs by placing the pan in the sink and running cold tap water over them until they are cool to touch.
- Peel eggs and chop into ½ inch chunks.
- Place mayonnaise and vinegar in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add salmon, green onions, dill, and capers. Stir to combine.
- Fold chopped eggs into the dressing.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with dill, green onions, or capers as desired.