These Low-Carb BLT Wraps with Chipotle Mayonnaise are a spiced up version of the classic BLT sandwich. These wraps are grain-free, gluten-free and egg-free, but taste like an upscale version of the sandwich we all know and love.
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! You do not pay any more. Thank you for your support!
I couldn’t help myself. After sharing our tortilla recipe with you this week, I just had to share the first wrap I made with them. These low-carb BLT wraps with chipotle mayonnaise are everything you want in a sandwich and still low-carb! The creamy chipotle mayo adds a bit of spiciness and works well with the smoky, crunchy bacon. Add in some juicy tomato and crunchy lettuce and the taste is complete.
I haven’t eaten a sandwich in a long time! I mean a really long time. Since I eat low-carb and grain-free, it’s just difficult to find a bread I love that works in my diet. While I have never been a huge sandwich lover, I have always loved BLT sandwiches. They were a summertime staple in the household I grew up in. We had a garden that was bursting with ripe tomatoes all summer and into the early fall. There were entire rows of leaf lettuce just waiting to be harvested and eaten. As a result, my mother often made BLT’s for lunch and dinner.
While I like BLT sandwiches, I like these wraps even more. Mayonnaise doesn’t soak in and make the wrap soggy like it can with bread. Another advantage of the wrap is that it holds everything neat and tidy so bits of lettuce and tomato don’t squish out when you take a bite. Finally, I love how the taste of the tortillas complements the flavor of the bacon, lettuce and tomato.
- 1/2 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce, minced
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, minced
- 4 low-carb tortillas
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 4 leaves of romaine lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise ingredients and stir until completely combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. This may be made one day ahead, if desired.
- If tortillas are not already slightly warm, preheat oven to 200ºF. Place tortillas on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Place in oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until the tortillas are slightly warm and pliable.
- Slightly off-center on each tortilla, spread about 2 teaspoons full of mayonnaise. Be careful to stay away from the edges as you will need these to wrap.
- Place bacon, lettuce and tomato on top of the mayonnaise. It may be necessary to cut or tear them into pieces that fit. Do not overfill.
- Fold the sides of the burrito over the filling.
- While holding the sides. bring the bottom of the burrito over the fillings. Roll the burrito tightly, but gently.
- Cut the burrito in half crosswise. I like to make a diagonal cut to make it more visually interesting.