This Blue Cheese, Bacon, and Scallion Cheeseball is perfect for parties. It spreads easily on veggies or crackers. Use low-carb, grain-free crackers to make it suitable for low-carb, gluten-free, grain-free, ketogenic, Atkins or Banting diets.
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! You do not pay any more. Thank you for your support!
This Blue Cheese, Bacon, and Scallion Cheeseball recipe combines cream cheese with the blue cheese. The cream cheese softens the tang of the blue and makes a soft, spreadable treat. The addition of bacon, scallions, and a hint of parsley turns this cheeseball into smokey, oniony goodness. The lightly toasted walnut crust adds a nutty crunch. The final product makes a perfect party food for the holiday season.
This cheeseball is not only delicious, but also a cinch to make, and easy to transport. Serve it with low-carb, grain-free crackers, leaves of endive, or celery sticks–or not. I have been known to eat it with a spoon. Yep, it’s that good.
Cheeseballs were a part of the holiday season when I was a child. We didn’t go to a lot of parties, but we had our own little “parties” at home. My mother would break out a pre-packaged cheeseball, some crackers, and a bottle of ginger ale and we would enjoy our “party food” while we watched Frosty the Snowman.
Now, I’m not going to knock pre-packaged cheeseballs because they made a lot of great childhood memories. Today cheeseballs still help make my holiday season special, but I now love making my own. This Blue Cheese, Bacon, and Scallion Cheeseball recipe is my favorite. It’s quick and easy to make. Whether you take this cheeseball to a party, or serve it at home, it’s sure to make an evening memorable.
- 4 pieces bacon, chopped and fried and drained to make bacon bits
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped and divided
- 1/4 cup gluten-free blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped unsalted walnuts, raw or lightly toasted
- In a medium bowl, combine the bacon bits, cream cheese, scallions, 1 tablespoon parsley, blue cheese crumbles, pepper, and salt. Stir together to mix.
- Using hands or a spatula, form the mixture into a ball. Wrap with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Place the walnuts and reserved tablespoon of parsley in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Unwrap the cheeseball and roll it in the walnut mixture to coat all sides. Press the walnut coating gently to help it stay on if necessary.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
- Calories: 197
- Fat (g): 12.9
- Carbs (g): 2.2
- Fiber (g): 1.3
- Protein (g): 7
- Net Carbs (g) .9