Dark chocolate spills over coconut centers to make these Low-Carb Coconut Bars a snack lovers dream! Little candy bars with no guilt–what’s not to love!
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! You do not pay any more. Thank you for your support!
These bars were inspired by an ice cube tray. I don’t mean just any ice cube tray. This tray featured reservoirs shaped to make ice shaped so it would fit in a water or (shudder) soda bottle. I took one look at the tray and my mind wasn’t on iced drinks. Yep, my mind was in the food gutter. I imagined layering delicious things in these trays and making perfect little candy bars.
Don’t worry if you don’t have an ice cube tray like I used. Any type of silicone mold would work. While the shape of the mold doesn’t matter much, ingredient quality makes a big difference in this recipe. I like to use a freshly opened package of high quality unsweetened coconut. Even with the best coconut, don’t skimp on the chocolate quality. The chocolate determines not only how amazing these bars taste, but also determines how high or low carb they are. Some dark chocolate can have more than twice the carbs of other brands. Read the label.
Low Carb Coconut Bars
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut flakes, coconut butter, sweetener, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. You may use a spoon for this, but I find a pair of clean hands works better.
- Taste coconut mixture and add sweetener if necessary.
- Pack the coconut mixture into the molds.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate stirring constantly.
- Using a spoon, spread two thirds of the chocolate evenly across the tops of the filled molds.
- Place molds in freezer for five minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Carefully remove the coconut bars from the molds.
- Place bars on a sheet of parchment. The layer of chocolate should be on the bottom.
- Using the remaining third of the melted chocolate, decorate the tops of the bars. A pastry bag with a small circular tip, a plastic bag with a small hole in one corner, or even a spoon could be used for this purpose.
- Store in the refrigerator in a covered container.
Nutritional Information is calculated using stevia sweetened chocolate.
Fat: 21.9 grams
Carbs: 10 grams
Protein: 2.11 grams
Fiber 8.2 grams
Net carbs: 1.8 grams