These Salmon Burgers With Mustard Dill Sauce are gluten-free and Paleo. They come together quickly and easily with the help of a food processor. The tender flakes of salmon with hints of scallion and dill are served with a creamy sauce with tones of mustard and dill. They make the perfect lunch, dinner or could be made in miniature for an appetizer.
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! You do not pay any more. Thank you for your support!
This recipe, like many of my recipes, was inspired be a dish my mother used to make–salmon croquettes and creamed peas. Her recipe was a childhood favorite of mine. In my version of the recipe, I reinvigorate my mother’s croquettes by using fresh wild salmon instead of canned, adding some herbs, and creating a lower carb, gluten-free sauce. The result is a delicious salmon burger loaded with healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- 1 scallion-white part only (reserve green part for sauce), cut into large pieces.
- 12 ounces wild caught salmon, skin removed, cut into large chunks
- 1 medium pasture-raised egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, green part only, sliced thinly crosswise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, minced
- Place white part of the scallion in food processor. Pulse until chopped.
- Add salmon, egg, salt, and pepper. Pulse until salmon is coarsely ground.
- Add dill and pulse once or twice to mix in.
- Using hands, form salmon mixture into four patties , about ½ inch thick.
- Heat a large shallow skillet over medium heat. Add butter and coconut oil and heat.
- When butter stops foaming, add salmon patties to skillet making sure they do not touch.
- When browned, flip burgers and brown the other side.
- Turn heat to low and continue cooking until cooked through. Salmon should be opaque. Do not over-cook.
- Add the sauce ingredients to a small bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Serve with salmon burgers.