Mashed Cauliflower with Smoked Gouda makes a perfect low-carb substitute for mashed potatoes. It’s creamy texture and cheesy flavor with a hint of smoke is sure to please even the most adamant cauliflower skeptics.
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! You do not pay any more. Thank you for your support!
Not only is cauliflower a delicious low-carb substitute for a multitude of foods, it is also loaded with health benefits. Most of us could use more cauliflower in our meals. Check out this great article by well-beingsecrets.com where she explains 28 health benefits that cauliflower has– all backed by science. Cauliflower might have even more healthy benefits than you think!
Eating more cauliflower is easy for me since I love it. Unfortunately, this is not the case for some of my other family members. My husband enjoys most veggies including asparagus, broccoli and beets, but when it comes to cauliflower, he just picks at it and shoves it to the side of the plate.
Fortunately, cauliflower easily masquerades as mashed potatoes. At my house, we call this dish “mashed potatoes with smoked gouda”. No one knows the difference and everyone loves it.
Okay, so maybe it’s wrong to use trickery at the table, but as healthy as cauliflower is, it must be okay to fudge the truth a bit. After all, we want our loved ones to stay healthy, right?
I just hope my husband doesn’t read this post.
- Special equipment: Food processor
- One head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/3 cup smoked gouda cheese (grass-fed and organic), chopped into large chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves
- Additional parsley for garnish (optional)
- Steam the cauliflower florets for 10-15 minutes or until very tender.
- Meanwhile, place cheese, salt and pepper in a food processor. Do not process yet.
- After cauliflower is tender, place hot florets in the food processor with the other ingredients.
- Process until smooth and creamy.
- Add the parsley to the processor. Pulse until parsley is chopped.
- Place mashed cauliflower in a serving bowl and sprinkle parsley on top to garnish.