These Low-Carb Parmesan Truffles Chips will satisfy all of your potato chip cravings without the carbs. They’re so incredibly savory and crunchy and are much easier to make than normal potato chips!
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! You do not pay any more. Thank you for your support!
For the longest time, I’ve been dreaming of finding the perfect low-carb chip replacement. As much as I hate admitting it, cheese crisps and zucchini chips don’t always satisfy that potato chip craving. A few weeks ago, I tried Holy Jeans & My Favorite Thing’s amazing recipe for zero carb egg chips for the first time and boy, was I impressed. They have the perfect crunch and were easily adjustable to create any flavor of chip. As soon as I first tasted them, I knew I had to try making them into truffle chips.
Truffle oil really creates such a rich savory flavor that I just can’t get enough of (except for that time we accidentally spilled truffle oil in our pantry….Yeah, our pantry still smells like truffle oil). I’m not one to have a lot of “cheat” meals, but the one high carb food that I shamelessly indulge on once a year are these incredible truffle fries at one of my favorite BBQ restaurants. Although I haven’t quite perfected low-carb fries yet, these chip’s flavor are a near perfect match for those fries. Their specular crunch makes them all the more amazing!
Thank you Holy Jeans & My Favorite Things for coming up with this genius base recipe for low-carb chips! Be sure to check out her fantastic blog!
Low-Carb Parmesan Truffle Chips
- 4 egg whites
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese plus 1/2 Tablespoon for garnish, shredded
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley finely chopped
- truffle oil to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Spray two muffin pans with an oil of your choice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg whites, water, and salt until combined.
- Carefully spoon just enough egg white mixture into each muffin cup that it just barely covers the entire bottom. Alternatively, you can use a syringe and fill each muffin cup with about 2.5ml of the egg white mixture to make it easier.
- Evenly sprinkle an small pinch of parmesan onto each egg white.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges of the egg white are dark golden in color. Watch the chips carefully as cooking time can vary greatly depending on thickness of egg white and location in oven.
- Remove the chips from the oven and let them cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Once cooled, transfer chips to a small bowl and lightly drizzle with truffle oil.
- Add parsley and 1/2 tablespoon parmesan cheese and carefully toss until combined.
Serving size: 6 chips
Calories: 74, Fat: 2.2 grams,Carbs: 1.1 grams, Net Carbs: 1.1 grams