These chicken nuggets with creamy mustard sauce are a healthy version of the fast food variety. The lightly herbed grain-free breading complements the creamy garlic goodness of the sauce. These nuggets may not come with a toy, but they are sure to please the whole family.
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! You do not pay any more. Thank you for your support!
There’s a reason chicken nuggets are on almost every existing kids menu. Kids love them! Unfortunately, most versions of chicken nuggets contain gluten, unhealthy oxidized fats and even MSG. My recipe uses almond flour as the breading base and delicious garlic and thyme instead of artificial flavorings. I pan fry them in coconut oil because it is a saturated fat and doesn’t oxidize when cooking.
While everyone love these nuggets, the creamy dipping sauce is the star of the meal. The mustard, thyme and garlic unite into velvety amazingness. We like to smother the nuggets in the sauce.
Chicken Nuggets with Creamy Mustard Sauce
- 1 pound pasture raised chicken breasts or tenders
For egg mixture
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the coating
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces, about 1/2 inch by 3/4 inch. Set aside.
For the egg mixture
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the egg mixture, whisk until smooth.
For the coating mixture
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the coating mixture, stir until well mixed.
For the nuggets
- Preheat a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Heat about 2 Tablespoons ghee or coconut oil in the pan.
- Meanwhile, dip chicken pieces into egg mixture, then coat with almond flour mixture
- In batches, add coated pieces to the heated pan. Brown on all sides, then, if necessary, decrease heat to medium low until chicken pieces are cooked through.
- Serve with sauce.
For the sauce
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients until smooth.
Serving size is 1/4 of recipe
Fat (g): 22
Carbs (g): 8
Fiber (g): 3
Protein (g): 6
Net carbs (g): 5