This low-carb Black and Blue Hamburger Pie combines the heat of cajun spices with the cool of blue cheese resulting in a mouthwatering balance of flavors. This crustless quiche is a cinch to make and perfect for a weeknight dinner.
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! You do not pay any more. Thank you for your support!
We often see red meat paired with blue cheese and why not? The combo tantalizes tastebuds like no other! Add in some heat to bring the the flavor combination to a new level! This recipe was inspired by the spicy black and blue burger on the menu of several local restaurants. Pastured eggs not only add flavor, but also healthy fatty acids and beta-carotene. The result? A simply delicious black and blue hamburger pie!
Black and Blue Hamburger Pie
- coconut oil or butter to grease pan
- 1 Tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 pound pasture-raised hamburger
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 5 large eggs
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup gluten-free blue cheese crumbles divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare a deep-dish pie pan by spraying with coconut oil or greasing with butter.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add butter.
- After butter has melted and stopped foaming, add onions.
- Stirring occasionally, cook onions until they are just starting to soften.
- Add hamburger to skillet and break up into small crumbles.
- Season hamburger and onion lightly with salt and pepper.
- When hamburger is brown throughout, drain off extra grease and put back on medium-high.
- Add Cajun seasoning and toast for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Set hamburger-onion mixture aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and cream together.
- Stir in ¾ cup blue cheese crumbles, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Stir hamburger mixture into egg mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of blue cheese crumbles on top.
- Place pan on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 35-45 minutes. Pie is done when the center is set.
Fat: 37.9 grams
Carbs: 3.9 grams
Fiber: .3 grams
Protein: 29 grams
Net carbs: 3.6 grams